Top 10 Travel Tips
1. Keep regular contact with
your traveling professsionals and ask them about the latest travel advice
for your destinations. Subscribe to receive free travel alerts on regular
2. Check your travel insurance which should cover medi claim,
accident, theft of the possessions, loss etc. Enrich yourself with all the
necessary informations regarding your travel.
3. During travel you should keep in touch with your family members
or friends. He or she should know all about your whereabouts, contact number
and necessary informations.
4. Carry your won medicines. Before coming to India get yourself
checked by your doctor and take recommended vaccinations or other
5. Exchange money only in authorized banks or money changers. During
money exchanging, insist on getting encashment certificate.
6. Shop from the Government emporium and the shops, only those are
listed on the list of the Department of Tourism. You can get the required
information about these shops from the State tourism department.
7. Don't eat ready-to-eat foods from roadside stalls and drink only
8. Before using your electronic instruments check the power voltage.
Indian voltage standard is 220-240 V.
9. Don't indulge in illegal trading of wildlife and animal products.
If you are purchasing an animal product insist on getting a legal
certificate from the trader. Avoid illegitimate activities.
10. Make sure that you are caring supplementary copies of your
passport details, insurance policy, travellers' cheques, visas and credit
card numbers. Your passport should have atleast six month validity and your
ambassy should know about your travel path..